What messages are you ignoring in your life?

by Aimee Serafini on April 30, 2014

arobinThink of something you wish you could wave a magic wand and get rid of in your life. Could be something big (debt!) or something small (a bothersome colleague).

If you truly want it to go away, then you need to do one very important thing or it will dig in its heels (possibly appearing in a different guise).

Hear the message.

Yep, every single annoying thing in your life is sending you a message you need to hear. And it won’t go away until you hear it. In fact, it will probably get louder and more obnoxious.

A funny example…for the past 4 days I have had this robin desperately battering itself against an upstairs window, attempting to get in. It lands on the sill and then jumps and flutters it wings as it tries to get through the glass.

I have put various objects in the window (it doesn’t have a shade) thinking it might be seeing its own reflection. I’ve tried to scare it away. But bang bang bang it goes. Usually about 3 or 4 hours a day (it must be exhausted)

It finally occurred to me today, What is this robin trying to tell me?

So I emailed my friend Ana-Maria Vasquez, a very gifted animal communicator, and said Hey can you help me? This Robin won’t stop!

She said Yes, on the physical level it really wants to build a nest in that space, it feels like it has before. On the spiritual level, “robin is asking you if you are being persistent in doing whatever it takes to build your nest in order to sing your unique soul song….where are you putting energy that is futile.” She then told me she’d let him know that I have received his message and he needs to do some new house hunting.

What’s funny about it is a) i am spending a lot of time picking/thinking/choosing backyard (nest) renovations and b) the robin has now stopped. :-)

So now with this new info, I need to think whether I’m being persistent and where I’m wasting energy (immediately I’m thinking I’m wasting too much time on thinking of every possibility). Thanks Mr. Robin!

Or I could have just shot him with a beebee for being annoying (JOKE!)

So my question for you is, what do you wish was just gone from your life and what is the message it could be sharing?

Let us know by leaving comments below.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Lorna April 30, 2014 at 8:56 pm

I am financially challenged every single day. I keep trusting the Lord every step of the way and surely, I’ve seen His hand in my life. The problem is, I haven’t experienced financial freedom yet. I believe the message behind my financial depression is that I should be giving more and less of receiving in order to experience financial freedom. In order to make this happen, I need to bail myself out of my financial debt right now but how can this be possible when there seems to be no answers coming my way.

Aimee Serafini April 30, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Hi lorna, that is challenging! And I would guess there is more than one message since you have been struggling for so long. In addition to focus on giving, how in other ways do you not value yourself? I challenge you to find at least one thing each day that shows your value and worth in this world (there are surely many, but start with 1). And i would like you to five times a day spend 20 seconds feeling how you would feel if you already had financial freedom. Start out each time with i feel so happy and I love how much financial abundance I have. Live in that space for at least 20 seconds 5x day until it feels natural and see what happens. it takes consistency for sure, and when our physical reality hasn’t caught up we can get discouraged if we let ourselves, but just keep doing this every day for a YEAR and I guarantee you will turn this around. and where are you going to be in a year if you don’t try it?

Melanie May 1, 2014 at 2:43 am

Hey love this blog post Aimee. Im sat here eating my breakfast and it really spoke to me in a big way. I wish I didn’t have to do unfulfilling work every day just to pay the bills. Its mentally and emotionally draining and every day I start the day thinking how do I change this. I know Im not the only one feeling like this in this economic downturn. I know the message its telling me is stop wasting your time doing stuff that doesn’t light you up and follow your heart and do what makes you happy. Even as I write these words its like Im sitting up straight just typing the message to you. I know that Ive given up just due to my circumstances but I have made a vow to myself that I will start my own business by the end of the year. This is no way to live. Thanks for making me think about this in a positive way.

Aimee Serafini May 1, 2014 at 10:01 am

Hi Melanie – great goal. I would like you to find one way each day that 1) you do something fulfilling and 2) I want you to take one teeny tiny babystep each day to creating your own business. The truth is you don’t have to have started it by the end of the year, you can start it NOW with one little step. I don’t know if you already know what you want to do or if that is part of the process, but even just telling one person a day I started my own business or making a list of things you need to do, or adding to that list, or doing one of them, or researching something. There is a 5 minute activity you can do each day to work toward that. The important part is to feel like you are already doing something fulfilling every day to draw more of that to you. You can do this!

Melanie May 2, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Hi Aimee thanks so much for the advice. I will definitely start setting aside time each day to work on my plans. I have to tell you my exciting news. I have been struggling for so long to get decent work in the area where I live. I went for an interview this morning and they offered me the job. Its such a step in the right direction its only for three months but its really cheered me up and it pays well. This couldn’t have happened at a better time. I feel really focused and ready to get the wheels in motion.

cindy driscoll May 1, 2014 at 10:34 am