What recharges you?

by Aimee Serafini on July 30, 2014

Hi [First Name] –

Just got back from my 3 week vacation to Maine, New Hampshire, and Nova Scotia.

I got to meet in person and spend 5 days with the beautiful Carol Look, at her cabin in the New Hampshire woods. Although I’ve talked with her on the phone a hundred times, this is the first time I had met her in person, and we had loads of fun.

Then I also visited the coast of Maine and Nova Scotia – where I caught up with a girlfriend I met when we were both backpacking through Cambodia in 1999. I have seen her twice since then and it’s always fun. Now in addition to her husband, she has two kiddies!

And I got to see Acadia National Park and spend the last weekend on Chebeague Island, off the coast of Maine, in a mid-1800s sea captain’s home. Super relaxing, a vacation from my vacation.

Tons of lighthouses in that area, some amazing scenery, nice hiking, and of course friends.

Spending time with friends and keeping in touch is important to me…as well as travel and seeing new places. Both recharge me.

What recharges you? And what specific plans do you have to incorporate that into your life? Let us know in the comments below.

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Annette July 31, 2014 at 9:40 am

This sounds wonderful!!!! I am headed to Pensacola Beach soon with my grand kids and can’t wait! The ocean has recharged me since I first saw it 50 years ago.

Aimee Serafini August 1, 2014 at 10:13 am

Sounds great! The ocean is a great recharger – on many levels. Have fun.

Michelle Scholz July 31, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Hi Aimee How gorgeous, what a beautiful area. The best recharge I have ever had was a 7 day cruise for my 60th birthday this year! Wish someone had told me about cruising before this! We did a Pacific Island cruise out of Brisbane Australia; cruising is so relaxing, no cooking, no constant packing and unpacking just fun, relaxation and entertainment on tap. Fabulous!

Aimee Serafini August 1, 2014 at 10:15 am

Oh that sounds great. Which islands did you visit? Cruising would be a great way to get to them. I went to Cook Islands, Fiji and Tahiti, and spent a good bit of time in New Zealand and Aus. Great area.

And cruising does have its merits – it’s like the countries come to you!

LT August 1, 2014 at 10:27 am

I have recently discovered that making crafts helps me to feel recharged! Even though I’ve never considered myself as creative or good at artsy things, I think that the attempt to just build something and see what I can do clears my mind and energizes me!

Aimee Serafini August 1, 2014 at 11:12 am

Interesting! Neat discovery. I agree clearing your mind is really at the root of recharging. I wonder if I would enjoy that…I also don’t consider myself artsy. What do you make?

Michelle Scholzs August 3, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Hi Aimee We visited Noumea, Vila and Mare Islands. Even though I live in tropical Nth Queensland Australia and am surrounded by beautiful islands and ocean this cruise was fabulous. Going on one next year – Singapore, Japan and Hong Kong. Cant wait!!!! It will be great to relax on the ship and then have the hustle and bustle of these exotic cities!.

Previous post: